Thursday, December 3, 2009

ETR: Finding Your Guru

Early to Rise
Home | Archives | Contact | Privacy Policy | Whitelist Us | Unsubscribe

Issue No. 2825 - $1.00

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Reducing Stress Is Worthwhile
By Michael Masterson

The most effective way to reduce stress is to find an efficient way to deal with the problem or challenge that's causing it.

If a new client is a royal pain, figure out how to handle him or pass him off to a competitor. If a new set of regulations is making your routine work difficult, master them.

It's not the nature of the task or the length of it that creates stress. It's the lack of knowing how to do it. Ultimately, stress is caused by ignorance and confusion.

That said, understand that a growing business will always create stress. That's because growth means change and change means new and new means unfamiliarity. (And you know what unfamiliarity means: ignorance and confusion.)

There may come a time when you will want to run a zero-stress business. It will be when you...

  • Have made all the money you want to make
  • Have accomplished all the business objectives you've set for yourself
  • And you are in a position to slow down a little bit and enjoy the world's blessings.

But right now, you probably aren't ready for that. You are more than likely still in the growth-and-acquisition phase, the wealth-building part of your life. If that's the case, you need to accept the reality that stress will be with you for many years to come -- and learn to handle it. All you have to do is realize that stress is caused by lack of knowledge and that lack of knowledge can be easily cured.

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended -----------------------------------------------------

Why Religion As You Know It Doesn't Have the Answers

Most religions promise the keys to happiness, fulfillment, and purpose. The solutions are there. But over the years, these useful and life-changing tenets have become weak... distorted... and diluted. They have lost their original power.

This leads to frustration for people who simply want answers. But there's good news. Scholar and philosopher Srikumar Rao has translated dozens of the most powerful secrets from ancient traditions. He's made them useful... practical... easy to understand... And easy to apply to YOUR life.


"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

John Dryden

How to Find a Guru
By Paul Lawrence

My heart pounded. A great opportunity was staring me in the face.

I'd been introduced to a publisher who had made big money by marketing information products. At least, it was big money to me. I can't tell you the precise amount, because I was sworn to secrecy. But I can tell you that we're talking millions of dollars.

I knew that if I came up with the right product, I could make a killing by licensing it to this guy.

I had been successful with licensing deals before. For example, I wrote a program about small-business entrepreneurship and licensed it to a major marketer who turned it into a bestseller. After that, the royalties kept pouring in.

Writing that program wasn't hard for me. A small-business entrepreneur is what I've been my whole life. All I did was share the secrets I'd used myself and had coached other people to use.

But this publisher was looking for a program that could help "average Joe" investors get rich. And while I'd made a few modestly profitable investments, I just wasn't qualified to create the product he wanted.

I didn't want to let this opportunity pass me by.

"Surely, there is someone out there with the expertise, talent, and time to do this," I thought. So I set out to find that "someone" -- a "guru," if you will, with experience in writing about investing. My plan was to offer my guru a significant percentage of the profits, essentially making him my partner.

I started my search for a writer.

I sifted through financial publications. I surfed the Internet. And, yes, I did find some people -- published authors -- with impressive credentials.

But... none of those people had the slightest interest in my deal. They told me to come back when I was prepared to write a sizable advance check.

Frankly, this was stumbling block. It's not the way I operate. I never invest a lot of money to start a business. The only business ventures I get into are those that require little or no upfront capital.

It occurred to me that I'd been approaching the wrong people. I should have been looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset -- someone who would be willing to accept some risk in return for a greater reward down the line. So I revised my approach.

Here are the steps I took to find my guru:

1. Identify Likely Candidates

I realized that I needed an active investor, not necessarily a "writer." And I suspected that someone who was highly successful in investing, but had never shared his system, might be interested.

I began networking and asking for recommendations. It took a little effort, but I came up with a few good leads.

2. Make a Preliminary Case

To "sell" my prospects on my deal, I met with each one.

I had never licensed a financial program, but I had been successful with other types of instructional programs. So I was able to give my prospects "related proof" that I could make this deal worthwhile for them.

First, I showed them how much I had made in the past by licensing instructional programs. Then, I showed them that the publisher who was interested in this new investing program had made huge profits by marketing financial information products. Finally, I was able to demonstrate that I was in contact with him and had a reasonable shot at a licensing agreement.

My prospects connected the dots. They could see the potential.

3. Close the Deal

I scheduled a follow-up meeting with the one who had the most to offer buyers of the program. (He also happened to be the one I thought would be the easiest to work with.)

To give him an idea of what he needed to do, I showed him the program I had written on entrepreneurship. I also made an effort to present myself as a trustworthy and "au fait" partner. And I appealed to his ego by pointing out how great I would make him feel to have his name on a top-notch instructional program.

Needless to say, the allure of the financial and emotional rewards were too much for him to resist. By the end of that meeting, I had signed my "guru."

The rest is history. He created an excellent program that I had no trouble licensing to the publisher. And I ended up netting about $50,000 on a project I worked on for about 100 hours. In other words, I made about $500 an hour.

There are many advantages to using a guru to help you develop information products.

For one thing, you're not limited to subjects you personally know about. You can branch out where he has expertise. And if he is taking care of the creative end of the business, that frees up your time for marketing. Plus, if you use your guru as I suggest -- making him your partner -- you can launch your own information publishing business with little to no capital.

If you've been considering starting an Internet business, you should give serious thought to this one.

[Ed. Note: You don't need to be an expert in anything in order to produce products that you can license. All you need to do is find the right "guru." How to find that guru is one of the important secrets that Paul Lawrence reveals in his audio program, "Rights Acquisition System." For more information on this program, click here.]

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended -----------------------------------------------------

Don't Have Any "Start-Up" Funding? - It's a myth that you need venture capital or loads of your own money to start a business online. Thousands of today's most successful Internet businesses began as very small operations funded by a few thousand dollars and a great game plan. We have that game plan for you. It will give you fast growth -- and you'll never have to worry about getting deep in debt.


A Cost That Most Property Buyers Overlook
By Michael Masterson

When buying a property, many people completely overlook transaction costs. These include:

  • Points and fees for the loan
  • Escrow and title insurance
  • Inspection fees
  • Attorney fees
  • Commissions
  • Additional "garbage" fees that lenders and escrow agencies tend to throw in

 If you're not careful, they can easily add up to more than you're prepared to spend.

Your total closing costs as a buyer should usually be between 2 and 3 percent of the value of the property. Get all quotes in writing. And get a Good Faith Estimate (GFE) from your lender before you commit to a loan. Okay the estimate before you pay an application fee. Make sure taxes and impact fees are correct. Be fair, but negotiate whenever possible. You could realize considerable savings.

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended -----------------------------------------------------

Take Up to 6 Inches Off Your Belly in Just 10 Weeks

No diets... no exercise... no pain... no sacrifice...

Suppose you could drop all of your unwanted fat... without going to the gym or forcing yourself to live on rice cakes and tofu burgers?

I have a new clinical study on my desk that says it's possible.

It's about what may be the most successful weight-loss compound ever tested.

The participants in the study lost an average of 28 pounds and six inches off their bellies in only 10 weeks. And they didn't change their diet or exercise habits.

Now you can start using this little-known discovery to drop pounds -- and lose inches -- immediately!


The Power of a Handwritten Note
By Michael Masterson

Handwritten notes are much more effective than typed memos or e-mails for all sorts of occasions. Just two: praising subordinates or sending a special thank you to a colleague or partner. Keep a set of high-quality personalized note cards in your desk. And make it a point to write a few brief notes each week. The time it will take is negligible, and the impact it can make is immeasurable.


Latest News

  • Tomorrow is the absolute last day you can sign up for the Internet Money Club hotlist and get an exclusive first look at our premier Internet business-building/coaching program. In just a few days, we're opening up the Class of 2010 to all 450,000 ETR readers. Don't lose your chance...


"A vibrant vehicle."

"As always, I find ETR incisive, intelligent, and useful. With so much information available to the entrepreneur, your pieces specifically work as a catalyst to keep one moving forward. Thank you to all the top-notch people who make it a vibrant vehicle and something I look forward to each day."

Marla Michaels

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended -----------------------------------------------------

"If a picture truly is worth a thousand words, we're about to make a hell of a lot of money!" - The multibillion-dollar "home shopping" industry got its start on cable TV. It was a low-budget "operation" run by three guys in Clearwater, Florida. Before they had even made their first dollar, their success was a sure thing. They had the "Billionaire Mindset"...


Today's Words That Work: Au Fait

Au Fait (oh FAY) -- literally French for "to the fact" -- means fully competent; having a high level of experience or practical knowledge.

Example (as used by Paul Lawrence today): "I also made an effort to present myself as a trustworthy and 'au fait' partner."


We want your feedback! Let us know your thoughts on today's issue. Email us at: AskETR@ETRFeedback.com

Whitelist Our Email | Click Here to Unsubscribe | Customer Service | Feed Back

Copyright © 2009 Early to Rise, LLC.

NOTE: If URLs do not appear as live links in your e-mail program, please cut and paste the full URL into the location or address field of your browser. Disclaimer: Early to Rise only recommends products that we've either personally checked out ourselves, or that come from people we know and trust. For doing so, we receive a commission. We will never recommend any product that does not have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee.


Nothing in this e-mail should be considered personalized Financial Advice. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized Financial Advice. We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in any security recommended to our readers. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation. Any investments recommended in this letter should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

To unsubscribe from Early to Rise and any associated external offers, Click here.

To contact us, please visit... http://www.supportatetr.com/helpdesk To cancel or for any other subscription issues, write us at: Order Processing Center


Attn: Customer Service
PO Box 7835
Delray Beach, Florida 33482

No comments:

Post a Comment