Thursday, November 26, 2009

ETR: Are You Out of Balance?

Early to Rise
Home | Archives | Contact | Privacy Policy | Whitelist Us | Unsubscribe

Issue No. 2820 - $1.00

Thursday, November 26, 2009

10 Little Things I'm Thankful For
By Michael Masterson

It's Thanksgiving. So let's be thankful.

Later in this issue, we'll talk about the big things to be grateful for. But let's start with some little things. These are 10 of mine:

1. Padron Aniversarios -- simply the best cigar in the world. I prefer the naturals, which are medium-bodied. They have a superb taste. They draw perfectly. They are balanced from light puff to nub.

2. The New York Times Crossword Puzzle. Monday's are for morons. Tuesday's are for twits. From Wednesday to Friday, they are lots of fun. Saturdays are deadly. And Sunday's are best on the front porch, looking out at the ocean, puffing on a Padron.

3. Bocce Ball on Saturday afternoon. Six friends. Six years. Trash talking. Competition and, yes, cigars.

4. Golf, my new hobby/addiction. What is it about swinging the driver? It begins as a graceful, athletic movement and ends up as a sort of demonic exorcism.

5. Graciella's coffee in the morning.

6. Everything I've gotten rid of this year. Countless shirts and ties and pants dating back to the 1970s. Books so bad I couldn't get past the first five pages. Exercise equipment bought on impulse but never used (including a pair of platform sneakers that promised to increase the size of my calves).

7. That I am in the same "weight class" as K. The weight class I'm referring to is the 100-to-200-pound class. Admittedly, I weigh 198 and she weighs 116. But, as I remind her, "We are in the same ballpark."

8. That, after 59 years, I still have hair where I want it... on top of my head and not coming out of my ears.

9. The fun I have when phone salesmen call me. ("I don't believe in cable television. It is the creation of the devil. Are you the devil's emissary?" Silence. "Answer me!" Click.)

10. Did I mention cigars?

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended -----------------------------------------------------

The Simple Six-Figure Marketing Strategy

Paul Lawrence spent less than $100 to start his first small business. He used just one marketing strategy to go after prospects. Soon he had so many customers – he could hire an employee to do the actual work while he focused on getting new accounts.

He used his marketing strategy again... and almost instantly he was grossing $4,000 a month. The people he sold the business to (so he could finish college), used the same marketing strategy and are making $100,000 a year.

Paul's strategy is available now. And because of ETR's Thanksgiving Sale, you can get it half-price until Monday at 5 p.m. Don't wait. Check out Paul's program here...


"Balance is key: I need to be successful in my career to feel fulfilled, be surrounded by people I care about to share it with, and have my health to be able to do the things I love to do!"

Kiana Tom

What Do You Want Your Life to Look Like?
By Bob Cox

During my early business career, I was a terrific insurance salesman. Every year, I would sell more and more. Every year, I would accumulate more and more. Every year, I would send my wife, Karin, and her mother on fabulous trips I won by exceeding sales goals.

Karin and Doe went to Lake Tahoe, Hawaii, California's wine country, and other great destinations. Karin would return with pictures, gifts, and souvenirs. Doe would always send notes of appreciation and thanks.

I thought all was well.

I was wrong!

Karin would come home and say, "Bob, I wish you could have been there." I didn't realize that this was a hint that I should have been there.

Let me explain...

There are times when doing too much inhibits your success. Coming from me -- a proponent of constantly taking action to achieve your goals -- that may surprise you. But what I mean by it is that taking too much action in only one area upsets the balance of your whole life!

It was about 10 years ago that I woke up one day and said to myself, "Something is wrong with this picture (my life)." Sure, I had lots of financial success. And, thanks to Karin, a good marriage (in my mind, that is). So why wasn't I feeling satisfied?

I mean, who wouldn't want a beautiful home, nice cars, fancy clothes, good health, a great income -- and the ability to send their spouse (and her mother) on extravagant vacations?

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I wasn't happy.

I had to ask myself the hard question: "Whose fault is that, Bob?" And guess what my answer was? I couldn't avoid the obvious... it was MINE!

I had expended so much time and energy in pursuit of financial stability that even when I achieved my financial goal, I kept on going.

My work was driven by results: Make the sale, add more clients, expand the business... all with the goal of increasing revenue. The more I did it, the better I became, which reinforced a natural inclination to continue.

I was like one of those hamsters that can't stop running on the spinning wheels in their cages.

So right then and here, I created an action plan to stop spinning my wheel.

I had gotten so caught up in my financial goals that my life simply had no balance. It was all discipline (work pursuits) and no enjoyment (fun pursuits) or compassion (considering other people's needs).

I'd often be asked to go play a round of golf (should be a fun pursuit) and would politely decline. After all, that would mean I would be out of the office most of the day. How could I even consider such a thing? And don't even ask me to go on vacation. That definitely wasn't going to happen.

It was clear that I had to refocus some of my time, energy, and talents.

Easier said then done. What you do to achieve success in one area of your life doesn't necessarily translate to the other important areas of your life. Being a star athlete, brilliant entrepreneur, or wonderful parent is fantastic. The danger lies in becoming addicted to the "rush" of fame, wealth, or applause. Little room is left to nurture the other facets of YOU.

However, as with every success technique... a little practice makes all the difference.

At the top of my new life action plan was to ask Karin where she would like to go for a vacation. When I did, she looked surprised and asked, "You mean with you, Bob?"

You guessed it... during my epiphany, I finally took into consideration ways I could spend more time with Karin doing what she wanted to do.

Off we went for two weeks in Las Vegas.

I also took up golf in earnest. And though I am not very good at it, it gives me an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors and the camaraderie of others.

I learned to fly an airplane (a boyhood dream), which gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment that far surpasses any of the successes I achieved in business.

And I continue to spend more time with Karin -- doing things she wants to do.

Okay. Your turn.

I propose that you make a conscious and deliberate decision to do what I did. Assess where you are now and how your life looks to you. Pay attention to the hints your loved ones offer.

If you find, as I did, that your life is unbalanced, figure out what you have to do to "fan the flames of success" in the areas you've been ignoring.

It might mean signing up for that foreign language course you've been wanting to take... scheduling that cruise your spouse has been talking about... or noting your children's soccer games in your weekly planner -- and making the commitment to be there.

When you begin assigning things like these the priority they deserve -- and experience the joy they bring -- it will reinforce your willingness to keep making life-balancing decisions.

List three life-balancing actions that you can take TODAY:

1. _________________________________

2. _________________________________

3. _________________________________

And make doing this a "must do" part of your weekly schedule.

P.S. Achieving balance while still achieving your most valued goals is just one of the factors that make you truly successful and your life worth living. In my program, The Billionaire in You, I give you dozens of strategies to help you get all you want out of life. Find out more about it here.

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended -----------------------------------------------------

Got It All? - You're grateful for what you have in life... but you still want more, right? More success. The ability to provide your family with financial freedom. And you really want to enjoy retirement. An early retirement, at that. But how are you going to get there? Do you have a plan? Bob Cox does...


A Good Way to Take a Nap on Thanksgiving
By Michael Masterson

Sit back on a comfortable couch. Close your eyes and count your blessings, big and small.

But don't generalize. Don't think, "I am thankful for my health." Instead, think, "I am thankful that my lungs are working fine, that I have no cancer in my bones"... that kind of thing.

Do the same for each of your material blessings... all the treasured possessions you enjoy. Then try to think of all the things you should be thankful for that you don't even realize are blessings. Maybe the electricity that runs your air conditioner, the fuel that keeps you warm in winter, the animals and plants that feed you...

Randy Gage, the marketing guru and motivational speaker, said he did this and was shocked by how many things he had to be thankful for. He kept going until he fell asleep. Then, after napping for an hour, he woke up with further thanks. He said it was the best nap of his life.

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended -----------------------------------------------------

This Miracle Substance Protects Against Diabetes... Stops Heart Disease Before It Starts...
and Kills Cancer Cells on Contact.

So, Why Haven't You Heard About It?

Talk about miracle cures.

This substance has the power to prevent diabetes. It stops heart disease before it starts. And it kills cancer cells on contact. In fact, this substance has been shown to prevent and treat more than 20 major diseases!

However, more than 85% of the population doesn't have enough of it -- at least part of the year. And to make matters worse, the media has ignorantly advised people to avoid this life-giving miracle cure!

Click here to learn why you probably haven't heard about this revolutionary discovery.


It's Time to Count Your Real Blessings
By Michael Masterson

I opened this issue by looking at the little things to be thankful for today.

Now, let's get serious...

Be thankful for your wealth.

You haven't hit the Forbes list. But you have enough money to put clothes on your back, a roof over your head, and food in your stomach. "The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts," H.U. Westermayer reminds us. "No Americans have been more impoverished than these, who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving."

However meager your financial assets are now, they greatly exceed those of the great majority of the world's population. Say "thank you" for that.

Be thankful for your health.

You have aches. You have pains. You may have illness and infirmity. But you also have time every day when you can enjoy yourself and the company of the people you love and are loved by. Say "thank you" for that.

Be thankful for having the wisdom to recognize and appreciate your greatest blessings:

  • The gift of a conscious life
  • Your health (See above.)
  • The love you share with the people you cherish
  • The power of your mind -- the immense and unfettered potential to choose your thoughts
  • Your work -- the value you find in what you do and the good you create from it

Latest News

  • Happy Thanksgiving! All of us here at ETR hope you are enjoying the holiday with family and friends. And we want to know: What are you especially thankful for on this day? Let us know at AskETR@ETRFeedback.com.


"Great issue.

"The last few have come at a time when I needed them most! Thanks for helping me to keep on keeping on.

"My warmest wishes to all involved for a wonderful holiday season."

T.M.

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended -----------------------------------------------------

A Surprise on the Table for NEXT Thanksgiving...

Picture yourself 12 months from now... Sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner in 2010...

You're thankful for food on your table and family and friends. But you're also grateful for much more...

Perhaps it's the second stream of income that's sending $500 to $5,000 bucks into your bank account each week... Or perhaps the $25,000... $50,000... or even $100,000 or more you've added to your current business...

Or maybe you give thanks for finally being able to leave your current job behind... run your own six- or seven-figure Internet business... work on your own terms... do something you love... and make money doing it!

ETR can help you make that Thanksgiving dream a reality. We've put together a special "Thanksgiving Wealth Collection": 7 of ETR's top wealth- and business-building programs for up to 52% off the full price. Any one of these programs could help you add $500 to $5,000 or more to your monthly income by this time next year. 

But act fast. These deep discounts end Monday at 5:00 pm.


Today's Words That Work: Epiphany

An Epiphany (ih-PIF-uh-nee) -- from the Greek for "to appear" -- is a sudden insight.

Example (as used by Bob Cox today): "During my epiphany, I finally took into consideration ways I could spend more time with Karin doing what she wanted to do."


We want your feedback! Let us know your thoughts on today's issue. Email us at: AskETR@ETRFeedback.com

Whitelist Our Email | Click Here to Unsubscribe | Customer Service | Feed Back

Copyright © 2009 Early to Rise, LLC.

NOTE: If URLs do not appear as live links in your e-mail program, please cut and paste the full URL into the location or address field of your browser. Disclaimer: Early to Rise only recommends products that we've either personally checked out ourselves, or that come from people we know and trust. For doing so, we receive a commission. We will never recommend any product that does not have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee.


Nothing in this e-mail should be considered personalized Financial Advice. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized Financial Advice. We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in any security recommended to our readers. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation. Any investments recommended in this letter should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

To unsubscribe from Early to Rise and any associated external offers, Click here.

To contact us, please visit... http://www.supportatetr.com/helpdesk To cancel or for any other subscription issues, write us at: Order Processing Center


Attn: Customer Service
PO Box 7835
Delray Beach, Florida 33482

No comments:

Post a Comment