Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ETR: False Indicators of Success

Early to Rise
Home | Archives | Contact | Privacy Policy | Whitelist Us | Unsubscribe

Issue No. 3078 - $1.00

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Note From the Editor...

In last Thursday's Early to Rise, we published our first article from a new contributor, John Nyaradi, creator of the Wall Street Sector Selector program.

Unfortunately, the link for more information on John's strategy for investing in ETFs was not working due to technical issues on our end. But we've got things sorted out. Go here to check out the program.

If you are still having trouble viewing the link above, please copy and paste the following into your browser:

www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1225605

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended-----------------------------------------------------

This Is Not Self-Help

In 2008, PJ McClure was working full-time... and taking a full course load to finish his master's degree. Meanwhile, his home burned to the ground... and his wife suffered a freak heart attack at 39.

But by applying the lessons he learned during 12 years of studying self-development... he was still able to grow his income by 600% in that same year.

If you've tried other personal achievement programs but haven't had sustainable results... check out PJ's program. He has dedicated himself to discovering why some people become successful while others never rise above mediocrity. And what he's done in his own life so far is just a small taste of what's possible.

Click here to find out what he can do for you.


"Set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there."

Bo Jackson

The False Indicators of Success and Failure

By Bob Cox

There are three emotional levels most everyone experiences during their journey through setting and achieving their important life goals:

1. THE HIGH
2. THE LOW
3. THE PLATEAU

When a positive experience (the high) impacts one of our goals, we become very excited and say, "This goal is going really great!" When it happens to me, I usually say to my wife, Karin, "This is going to be easier than I imagined."

I take that positive experience that moves my goal forward and extrapolate it out to a larger universe. The goal becomes a conceptual video in my mind that is now nearly achieved. However, though this high point in reference to my goal is good news... it's not an indication that I'm going to achieve the goal without continued hard work and persistence.

When a negative experience (the low) impacts one of our goals, we become sad and a little discouraged and say, "This goal is not going well." When it happens to me, I usually say to Karin, "This is going to be more difficult than I imagined."

I take that negative experience that slows down my goal and extrapolate it out to a larger universe. The goal becomes a snapshot in my mind... frozen in time... and it seems as though I will never achieve it. However, though this low point in reference to my goal is disappointing... it's not an indication that I can't or won't accomplish the goal.

The highs and lows are both great deceivers!

They are false indicators of success and failure, as they are simply moments in time.

Let me share part of a recent posting on the Total Success Achievement - Epiphany Alliance forum that was made by one of our members, Pete:

"Since my last update, I have been continuing to follow the Goals Program and use the ETR Daily Planner. Unfortunately, I have not been able to spend as much time on my LIFE goals and online side business as I want. My full-time business has been extremely busy the past few months, and we are just now entering our seasonal busy period... yes, even manufacturing has a busy season when next year's models are being launched. I have had to focus most of my time and energy on this business since it does pay the bills.

"I do work on my online business a couple of days/nights per week and on weekends... and I am still progressing toward my goals. Slow... but steady! Sometimes that wins the race, right?"

Pete's done himself a huge favor by recognizing that he IS progressing on his goals (including honoring his work commitments). His positive attitude is the way to get past the most common obstacle to achieving our goals -- the plateau.

The plateau is when you reach a point that makes you feel like you're stuck in neutral.

For example...

Your goal is to lose 15 pounds this year. So far, you've lost 5 pounds, but haven't lost any more weight in several weeks or months.

Or...

Your goal is to increase your income by $30,000. So far, you've bumped your income up by $10,000, but it no longer seems to be increasing.

The reality is that these flat spots are normal -- and part of the goal achieving process!

What can you do to push past these plateaus? The best way is to think like Pete and take continued positive actions toward your goals.

If you feel like you're stuck in neutral, here's what I want you to do. Schedule 10 minutes with yourself (10 minutes of quiet time) each morning for the next week. During that time, remember WHY you set that goal. Visualize the benefits of achieving the goal. In addition, ask yourself these questions:

  • Have I allocated enough time to accomplish this goal?

This is the most common problem that I have discovered during the one-on-one coaching calls I make to members of the Epiphany Alliance program. Make sure you're not overreaching by trying to accomplish a goal in an unrealistic amount of time.

  • Have I asked other people for their help?

There is no one right way or set formula for every person and goal. You need to be creative and open to suggestions and ideas.

  • Do I have too many goals?

In speaking with members of the Epiphany Alliance program, I find that they often make three financial goals for the year in addition to their health, personal, and social goals. My recommendation is to make only one goal in each category.

My goal experiences have taught me to... make my promises to myself sparingly and keep them faithfully. This (which has become my simplified personal mission statement) keeps me from overextending myself -- and, thus, underperforming.

A lifetime of success is at your fingertips. You merely need to reach for it. Turn your goals into promises... take continued, positive actions... and you will achieve success -- and recreate success -- in whatever you pursue, for the rest of your life.

[Ed. Note: You can change your life and accomplish all your goals with simple strategies like the ones Bob Cox just shared. For dozens more ways to turn your dreams into reality -- plus tons of goal-setting tools and motivation to get going -- sign up for ETR's Epiphany Alliance program. Learn more here.]

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended -----------------------------------------------------

ETR's Info-Marketing Bootcamp Will Have a Profound Impact on Your Life

Want to make an extra few hundred dollars a month while keeping your full-time job... or taking care of your kids?

You can do that.

Want to become a multimillionaire info-marketing superstar... like many of the speakers you'll meet at ETR's 2010 Info-Marketing Bootcamp?

You can do that, too.

All you need to know is:

  • How to get started...

  • What steps you need to take...  

  • What you need to do at each step...

  • What resources you need...

  • Who you need to know...

And that's why attending ETR's 2010 Info-Marketing Bootcamp could have such a profound impact on your career and lifestyle.

Because that's exactly what our experts show you.


"This is the kind of article I love to read from you!"

"Michael,

"THIS is the kind of article ("Motivation") I love to read from you! I cherish the Michael Masterson Journal I get on Saturdays because of articles like this one.

"I continue to read the ETR daily newsletter, but when I get a Saturday MMJ like this one, I remember why I subscribed to you in the first place!"

Jet Tucker
Canterbury, CT

-----------------------------------------------------Highly Recommended-----------------------------------------------------

Will You Be Part of the 1%?

There's a website that 99 out of 100 people have never heard of.

It is a place where buyers and sellers from more than 240 countries and regions... at any time of day or night... can make deals on every kind of merchandise you can think of...

That 1% who are "in the know" are making an absolute killing with it. (More than $6 billion in deals go through every year...)

This site is tailor made for small-scale entrepreneurs looking to buy products from China for pennies on the dollar and sell at a huge markup. And you can do everything -- from contacting suppliers to marketing your merchandise to filling orders -- online.

Find out more here.


Today's Words That Work: Extrapolate

To extrapolate (ik-STRAP-uh-late) is to make inferences about the future (or about some hypothetical situation) that cannot strictly be deduced from the known facts. The word originated in the world of mathematics.

Example (as used by Bob Cox today): "I take that positive experience that moves my goal forward and extrapolate it out to a larger universe."


We want your feedback! Let us know your thoughts on today's issue. Email us at: AskETR@ETRFeedback.com

Whitelist Our Email | Click Here to Unsubscribe | Customer Service | Feed Back

Copyright © 2010 Early to Rise, LLC.

NOTE: If URLs do not appear as live links in your e-mail program, please cut and paste the full URL into the location or address field of your browser. Disclaimer: Early to Rise only recommends products that we've either personally checked out ourselves, or that come from people we know and trust. For doing so, we receive a commission. We will never recommend any product that does not have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee.


Nothing in this e-mail should be considered personalized Financial Advice. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized Financial Advice. We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in any security recommended to our readers. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation. Any investments recommended in this letter should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

To unsubscribe from Early to Rise and any associated external offers, Click here.

To contact us, please visit... http://www.supportatetr.com/helpdesk To cancel or for any other subscription issues, write us at: Order Processing Center


Attn: Customer Service
PO Box 7835
Delray Beach, Florida 33482

1 comment:

  1. I just got a check for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn taking paid surveys online...

    So I show them a video of myself getting paid $500 for taking paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete